What Do You Need For Notarization In Michigan?
Notary services in are available to help you with signing contracts, power of attorney, wills, affidavits, deeds, and other common legal documents. The fraud deterrence provided by a Notary helps all parties entering into a legal agreement stay protected and avoid bad outcomes.
Always check with your selected Notary service prior to your visit to ensure any specific requirements for your state are met. In general, the following things are needed:
- A Valid government issued ID, like a passport, drivers license, military ID, green card, etc.
- Assurance that you're signing of your own free will (no coercion).
- You must be of sound mind, meaning not intoxicated, medicated, or incapable of understanding what's going on.
- Some documents may require a witness who isn't an interested party (not mentioned in the document).
- Bring every page of the document (not just the signature pages), and don't sign it ahead of time!